Thursday 7 March 2019

Fraz Plays FM19


It Begins

I've just gone and bought the latest version of the best spreadsheet ever, 

Football Manager 19

Football Manager 2019 is a football management simulation video game developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega which was released worldwide in 2018 for Microsoft Windows, macOS and Nintendo Switch. Wikipedia

I've been playing a version of this game since it was first coded and even before that, the grandaddy of them all, 

Kevin Tom's Football Manager


Normally, I'll play as my favourite team and try to achieve world domination for as long as I can but I'm thinking that it'd be good to change things about and manage a random team for a year.  

Then probably because of this podcast 


I decided to to add to the challenge and blog about it.  In an engaging, entertaining and just a bit o' fun kinda way.

Shit

So the first challenge is to decide what kind of challenge I want?  And what team? 

I could procrastinate until the end of time about that but in order for a quick start I've gone with the first three gut options.



The John Lambie

Task

Win promotion to the Scottish Premiership

Requirements

Chick Charnley 'maverick' type

Firhill for thrills



The Wee Jim 

Task

Win promotion to the Scottish Premiership

Requirements

Dour media persona

Use local lads






The St Pauli 

Task

Win promotion to the Bundesliga

Why?

St. Pauli opens its home matches with "Hells Bells" by AC/DC, and after every home goal "Song 2" by Blur is played.

The former club president Corny Littmann, long active in German theatre and head of the Schmidt Theater on the Reeperbahn, is openly gay.

St. Pauli have made pre-season appearances at Wacken Open Air, a heavy metal festival, several times.


The club hosted the 2006 FIFI Wild Cup, a tournament made up of unrecognised national football teams like GreenlandTibet and Zanzibar. They participated as the "Republic of St. Pauli".







No comments:

Post a Comment